This morning, I desperately wanted a burger. Then I remembered that I no longer eat red meat. And then I wanted to cry. I was vegan for six days before becoming pescatarian. It really was and is one of the best decisions I’ve made in life. But when you are seeking a healthy lifestyle change, your habits have to change as well. Because my habits didn’t match the lifestyle, I felt like a juice cleanse was necessary. Enter Vitamin G2 Vitality.
Vitamin G2 Vitality Juice Cleanse
When I decided to do the juice cleanse, I asked my friend Marcia about her experience. She put me in contact with Gee Gee, owner of Vitamin G2 Vitality. She offers 1-3 day juice cleanses but I decided to do a one day to start. We met up at Whole Foods and chatted a bit about her business.
What’s in a name?
The business name came from a conversation about vitamins. Her name is Gee Gee so G2.
How did the business start?
In 2010, Gee Gee was in a severe car accident that injured the vertebrae in her neck. For the next 4-6 months, she was suffering in therapy until she decided to find an alternative method to healing. Her research lead her to doing a 60-day raw food diet. That cleanse changed her life. During the diet, she began sharing her story on social media. From there, she started a blog and the blog became a business.
Side note: Gee Gee is turning 40 in December and looks all of 25. I. Need. Her. Face.
Why detox? Why a juice cleanse?
Detoxification is a natural process that removes impurities from your body and leaves you feeling healthy and energized.
Juice cleanses are designed to give you an all over revitalizing boost.
What does cold pressed mean?
Cold-pressed is a process. Two types of processes: masticating juicers (low-powered motor with an auger that grinds and squeezes the juice, separating the juice from the pulp) and centrifugal juicer (high-powered motor that spins a blade). Masticating juicers are more popular because all the valuable nutrients are contained because it doesn’t use heat to extract the juices.
How effective is juicing to healing/curing/eliminating fibroids?
It’s a lifestyle change. Clinically, the benefit of juicing is that the live enzymes are absorbed by the blood and go straight through the body. Your digestive system doesn’t need to process anything.
With my newfound knowledge in tow, I started my juice cleanse. The one-day cleanse includes six juices to be taken every two hours.
Juice #1 – REVIVE (Kale, Spinach, Celery, Apple, Lemon, Parsley)
- pleasantly surprised that I liked this because I recently discovered that I don’t like celery in my juices. But as long as it’s not the main ingredient, I’m fine. And, there was a bit of a spicy kick at the end that was a pleasant surprise.
Juice #2 – RESTORE (Beets, Carrots, Apple, Lemon Lime, Ginger)
- I had my first BM after this drink. I’ll keep it real. It was liquid-y. Not sure if it was because of the ingredients or if it was just time. Also, I’m okay on carrots in juices as well but I still liked it. Beets are my absolute favorite juice base.
Juice #3 – PURIFY (Grapefruit, Orange, Apple, Lemon, Lime, Ginger)
- I love love love the tartness of grapefruit. It was a childhood favorite fruit of mine.
Juice #4 – MOTIVATE (Pineapple, Apple, Ginger)
- Now this right here was probably my favorite. I was fully alert after drinking this. Perfectly sweet. I need it again and again and again.
Juice #5 – ENERGIZE (Kale, Romaine, Cucumber, Apple, Lemon, Ginger)
- I was surprised that this was sweet with all of the greens in it.
Juice #6 – SWEET ALMOND (Almond Milk, Raw Protein Powder, Agave, Flax)
- I was sure I would hate this, as I hate chewing my juice. But I didn’t mind the flax seeds.
Two things I loved about my juice cleanse:
- I was full. At 3:30am the day of the cleanse, I thought I was gonna die from hunger. I was going to quit before I started. When I woke up and realized I had not evaporated from lack of food, I was fine and began the cleanse. I had no growling or rumbly stomach. I was content.
- I had energy. Don’t you hate feeling sluggish after a meal? It’s the worst. But after this cleanse, I low-key don’t want anything to do with chewing food anymore. Juice everything! Lol. If that’s what it takes to get all my meals in, count me in.
I did not love losing a few pounds. I’m TINY, with a very high metabolism. This was not good for me but someone looking to lose weight, this may be great! You’re also shedding toxins from your body so that’s a good thing.
Advice from Gee Gee:
The greatest lesson I learned from her is to “Adopt the lifestyle, not the diet.” You can change your diet (like I did), but if you don’t apply the change to your overall health, you’ve failed. Health and fitness go hand-in-hand. You have to exercise, drink water, eat vigorously, meditate, and remain stress free.
I’m always interested in what others are doing in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Are you juicing? Doing a juice cleanse? Adopting a healthy lifestyle? Share with me!