Many people tell me that I have really nice skin. I truly appreciate that but it wasn’t always easy. I didn’t have problem skin until college. When it got bad, I got meds from the derm that not only cleared my skin but made it amazingly dewy to the touch. When I felt like my skin was clear enough, I stopped using the meds.
They always say, don’t fix what ain’t broke…or something like that. One day, I decided to see if my meds would still work although I didn’t need it. WELP. I totally jacked up my face. But in one week’s time, I cleared it up again, this time using all natural products.
So anyway, ever since then, I’ve pretty much had clear skin. I’m not really big on makeup so I like to keep my face simple. Over the years, I’ve tried several products and I eventually settled on what works best for my face.
Gone are the days that I just wear a tinted moisturizer to work. Trying to be a grown up now, lol. Granted, I still love my MakeUp Forever foundation, I just refuse to buy a new bottle. I’ve had the same one for THREE years.
My makeup bag looks a little different now. I don’t have the energy to do a tutorial but I will tell you (in order) what I use to achieve my everyday face.
- Wet n Wild Coloricon brow & eye liner in Dark Brown (to fill in the gaps – not too dark or you’ll look crazy)
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee (highlight under my brows & under eyes)
- Concealer brush (I’ve found that the right tool is quite instrumental in shaping your brow)
- IMAN Second to None Cover Cream in Earth Deep (to blend in after shaping my brows & cover up dark spots)
- Sonia Kashuk spoolie (to clean up those pesky stray eyebrow hairs)
- Revlon Photoready in Cappuccino (I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!!! Perfect satin-smooth finish)
- E.l.f. foundation brush (to use after I apply my foundation with my fingers)
- Covergirl Queen pressed powder in Medium Deep (I recently learned that you should apply a powder after foundation to set the look. I used to like this but now it has that tough layer. Doesn’t seem to work anymore. Suggestions???)
- Eco tools kabuki brush (sometimes I apply my makeup with this – other times I just use it to apply my pressed powder)
- Covergirl Cheekers blush in Rock n Rose (I can’t imagine life without it)
- Maybelline’s Lots of Lashes mascara in Very Black (been using this since last year. great lash definition)
- Benefit They’re Real! mascara (this has GOT to be the best mascara around for volume & length).
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel (a must. sets those hairs in place)
It sounds like a lot but on a regular work day, my look is complete in 20 minutes. It usually takes 30 minutes on the weekends because I care more about how I look then, lol. Sidebar: I absolutely hate that I can’t get my brows to look as full, naturally, as they used to when I was younger. Many years of threading gone wrong. After that last incident, I’ve decided to take a break and just clean up my brows on my own or go to a barber shop for a razor cut. Tutorial on how I do my brows coming soon.
Before pic, no makeup.
Twenty minutes later…I’ll take my time on my brows next time
Close up on those lashes. You can get a small tube of the Benefit mascara at Sephora for ten bucks.
On my lips: NYX gloss in Natural and MAC Cremesheen glass in Loud & Lovely. That’s it. Hope this info was useful. As always, feel free to comment and/or ask questions.