Not much has changed since my last makeup bag post. I still don’t enjoy doing the most with my face but I’m going for a more sultry look this Fall. Natural face, dark lip and bold eyes.
The biggest change in my routine has been that I stopped wearing foundation. Not because I don’t like it but because I really want to get to a point where I don’t need to wear it everyday. I’ve gone back to working on my skin so that it is clear enough to do without. In another post, I will tell you how I cleared my skin even more with an oats, honey & yogurt mask and Lush products.
I’ve added a few new products to my arsenal that I just love love love. Let me start with the old faithfuls:
- Wet n Wild Coloricon brow & Eye Liner in Dark Brown (Best pencil ever.)
- L.A. Girl HD Pro Concealer in Toffee (It’s real cheap at your local beauty supply store. Like $2.)
- (I use this to apply the concealer under my brow. Make sure to BLEND.)
- Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Rock n Rose (Will I ever wear another blush in life?)
- Maybelline’s Lots of Lashes Mascara in Very Black (I use this mascara last. Yes I use several mascaras.)
- Benefit They’re Real! Mascara (This thing is expensive. I got this trial size for my birthday LAST year and I’m still using it. There’s nothing in it. I just really like how the brush separates my lashes.)
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel (Again, one of those products that is expensive and I have yet to replace for over a year now. I will though. Let me get my coins in order real quick.)
If you want to know how I use these products, click on the old makeup post here.
Now on to the new things I’ve added:
- Black Radiance True Complexion BB Cream in Chocolate (So I randomly picked this up from Target after a failed attempt with the Maybelline BB Cream. I wanted something light for everyday wear and I hit the jack pot. I’ve gotten so many compliments on my skin with this product. It has a rich and dewy consistency that I need for my dry skin. It does not leave your face oily. And it’s super cheap!! I really have you guys fooled into believing I’m wearing foundation!)
- Ecotools Airbrush Concealer Brush (I dip this brush into my BB cream and go over the first concealer to make sure it’s really blended. Stop walking around with that white line under your brow, girl.)
- Domed Bronzer Brush (Let me tell you…this is my FAVORITE brush. My sister stole it from me but I made her give it back. I squirt my BB cream on each cheek, forehead and chin and then blend with this brush.)
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (So there’s an airbrush face brush that I love from Sephora but it only comes in a kit. I was highly disappointed until I found this one from Ulta. SAME EXACT THING. I use this to fill in areas that might not have gotten concealed or blended well.)
- MAC Select Cover Up in NC50 (I’m embarrassed to say how long I’ve had this. Actually, I can’t even remember. A few years maybe. I’m really only using it because I don’t want to waste it. First thing I put on under my eyes and to cover dark spots.)
Make Up Forever Mascara in Smoky Extravagant (This was a perk from Sephora on my birthday. I love the brush and how evenly it spreads the product. I use this mascara second.)
Two products I failed to put in the picture are my new favorite Fall lippies.
Wet N’ Wild Lipstick Cherry Bomb 918D (I saw this color on my friend and gagged. It’s the perfect burgundy shade. I actually bought two because it’s so cheap and because I went to 3 different stores before finding it.)
Make Up Forever Lipstick in Rouge Artist Natural (I’ve been wearing this color all Summer. I find that true nudes don’t really look that amazing on me. I love that this color has a hint of pink to offset the natural color. This is by far the smoothest lip color I’ve ever worn. Has my lips feeling like butter.)
Clearly, I’m a huge supporter of Maybelline and Make Up Forever products, if you can’t tell.
It still doesn’t take me long to do my face. Since my last post, I stopped threading my eyebrows. They’re almost nonexistent now because I clean them up with a razor and I’ve gotten heavy-handed a few times and whacked them off. Oh well.
No before and after pic this time but I will post a pic of me without makeup in a later post. Until then…